Sections

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

An Introduction to Departure

This blog will be my place to share ideas and news with the Departure community. It will likely contain topics from a variety of disciplines, so I'll try to label posts as best I can to make it easier for you to find the content you're interested in. This first post will be a general look at what I'm trying to accomplish with Departure Games. Future posts will likely be more focused on a single project and topic.

My name is Richard Stack. I'm a software engineer and independent game developer. I started the Departure Games project a couple years back as a way to learn more about game development and to share my work with other gamers and developers. The most effective tool for self-teaching is actually doing, so I've used the Ludum Dare weekend game jam as a motivation to create prototypes and learn a variety of tools. If you're interested, you can see and play those prototypes on the Departure website.

More recently, I've been working on releasing my first full game to mobile. Along with this, I've been revamping the website and creating promotional materials for the first time. I'll likely write future posts about my approach to marketing this game, especially as the project begins to wrap up.

Departure is an avenue for expressing what I love about games. One could call me a perfectionist, but I'm also a one man army, so my expectations follow suit. I enjoy pushing my limits and being surprised by what I create. I'll continue to learn and push the envelope as far as possible, and I hope you'll join me on that adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment